One week down and two more to go!
Reading the updates from E and other teammates about their work in the China orphanage give me strength to go on, knowing that our sacrifice is changing lives in these little kids. Reading about what they are going through brings me to tears.
So... what happened to G? I have no idea! Some one seems to have switched my fussy eater baby to a baby that eats a lot, and quickly! I think now I have an idea of what it is like for other moms, and it's soooo nice! This morning's mango oatmeal breakfast was fairly routine. I had decided that G would have lunch "on the go" after her morning nap, while I picked something up from the store, so after her 3.5 hr nap (wow!), we headed out stocked with grapes (cut in halves or quarters, peels on, I discovered she can handle them cut with peels when she was "stealing" them out of her friend's snack cup Saturday!), cheerios, and bread. She ate all her grapes and about a third of her bun, which was pretty amazing!
It was late when we got home, but I still decided to put her down for a quick nap, so she slept an hr, and for dinner, it was like she hadn't eaten in DAYS!! She had about 4 oz of yogurt mixed with lentil soup (her new favorite), for a total of about 6-7 oz. I didn't think she'd be able to finish it all when I realized how much I had mixed together, but started feeding her anyways. About 15 minutes into her meal, she had finished over half of it! She also fed herself some soup too, but gave it up after a bit because it wasn't going in fast enough! After she finished her soup, she also had some organic cheerios and puffs (like rice crispies but whole grain and no sugar), and even some oranges.
Look, I'm a big girl and I can feed myself...
... with no hands, too!
And now I cand smear all the rest of the soup all over my face!
It's so funny to be messy!
Thanks Auntie M & Uncle R for the homegrown oranges!
I can't remember if I posted any pics from the Easter party, but I will do it tomorrow if I haven't.


No comments:
Post a Comment