Friday, April 10, 2009

SP: Day 10 Almost 2 wks down!

This morning, I added a strawberry to her oatmeal b/c the mango seemed to be not as sweet as I had hoped. After she finished, I gave her part of the mango seed to eat/suck on (I eat most of the seed but leave a little chunk on the skinny end of the seed for her to work on).  As you can see from the pics, she loves it!

Everything becomes "hands free"

Afterwards, I was distracted on the computer while she was supposed to be drinking her milk. When I turned around, this is what I saw (notice the milk everywhere)! That's what happens when she's quiet... getting into trouble!

Here is G after dinner playing with her octopus chair. After several months of basically ignoring it (and E thinking it was a waste of money for me to buy it b/c I thought it was soooo cute!), she is finally playing with it. G loves to flop onto it and climb on it too. Sometimes she sits on one of the legs.
She had a bath tonight too. And after her bath and putting her to sleep, I did the laundry, put away her toys, finished cleaning up the kitchen, made a new batch of oatmeal for her (it's a little lumpy because I ran out of the original oats that I had ground up, so I bought a mix of oat flour, oat bran, and steel cut oats. It also has barley, the last of the millet, and quinnoa. I haven't been using the brown rice or buckwheat because of her constipation, but I may start using it more now). Speaking of her constipation, G's been off any prunes for maybe 2 weeks now, and has been ok with her poops. I still bought a pack of them just in case, but it looks like that phase is finally over, yay!

G also looks like she's gaining weight from the supplement. It mostly goes into her oatmeal and yogurt meals, so two of her three meals will have it, and some goes into her water and milk, but it's still a struggle to get her to drink much. Anyways, I noticed today that her cheeks seem to be a little chubbier (if it's even possible for her cheeks to be any bigger than they were before). I had hoped that the supplement would put weight on her body and arms/legs, and not in the one place she already has chub, but oh well. And when I was giving her a bath, I could see her little tummy. I'll probably call the dr tomorrow or early next week to schedule a weight check and also to finish up her 12-month shots (I think she still needs 2-3 since we only did the MMR one). 


No comments: