Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Houdini baby

G took a 4 hour nap this afternoon. When I unzipped her sleep sack (bag that zips up for sleeping, has holes for head and arms), she was only in a onesie. As I looked at her, I thought, didn't I put pants on her before she went to bed? Sure enough, at the bottom of the sleep sack was her pants. Weird. I have no idea how she did that!

There are now 4 new babies at church that are younger than G (all boys). Plus another friend outside of church has a 2 month old (a boy), and we have 4 more friends expecting this year (all boys), and one due in January (finally another girl!). E held one of the new babies (1 month old) last Sunday at church. At first he was hesitant to hold him because he looked so small and fragile. When we got home, E wanted to look at G's hospital and newborn pics to see how small she looked because he said it seemed like so long ago.

What's G working on these days? She can sit, and she can creep, but she can't go from sitting to creeping, even with the most enticing thing in front of her (S's plastic foot massager, gross!). We'll have to try again tomorrow, maybe with S's water bottle. She's also working on standing herself up and learning to "fill and spill" her toys (beanbag toys in giant empty Costco animal cracker bin).

What has G mastered? Creeping, she's really fast now. Pulling her carseat sunshade, she uses both hands and both feet to get it down super fast, as well as pulling it all out of shape!

No comments: