Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What a great daddy & husband!

No, he didn't even pay or prompt me to write this!

As mentioned in the earlier post on G's changing sleep pattern, E offered to work from home Tuesday morning in order to help me out with G's crying during her naps (this was in addition to the scheduled work from home for Wednesday morning for me to get my hair cut fixed). So, what was I able to do while E was home? I made an egg scramble w/ cheese, sausage & tomatoes for breakfast (it was E's idea and he started cooking and helped, but I had to finish), washed dishes, started writing thank you cards, made lunch (chicken pesto wraps) for him to take to work and smaller portions for me to eat in my "spare time", washed and cut fruit (that I had been wanting to do for several days). I'm sure there were other things I got to do also, but can't remember now. It was really nice to have the extra help.

E stayed home again this morning so that I could get my hair recut (I got a cut on Saturday from the salon I've been going to, but from a different woman, needed more layers). Since I didn't get a phone call from E that she was waking up, I decided to stop next door to the salon to get cheesey fries (yum!). That afternoon after E went to work, I moved a dresser out from the closet to the corner of our bedroom, pushed the other dresser over, and reversed all of our clothes (so that now my stuff is on the right and his is on the left). I also opened up our travel bed for G to air out the outgasses, did more thank you cards, printed out labels, and organized some files in the office. It felt productive.

G's naps are getting better, she's still crying, but less and is often able to go back to sleep on her own quickly. We are able to rock her bed a little to help her go back to sleep without having to pick her up too (some of the time). First I wait a minute or two, then go in and rock her bed without her seeing me. If that still doesn't work, then I talk to her quietly and let her see me while still rocking her bed, and if all else fails, I finally pick her up.

No comments: