Friday, April 4, 2008

Taking G out solo

First of all, I have to give myself props for venturing outside w/ G by myself, yay to me! Also have to be proud that I can blog 3 days in a row! Yeah, see how long that lasts!

So, about this solo trip. A friend has repeatedly invited me to join a mom's ministry from her church. I had been neutral about it every time, but as I was looking at the most recent email from her and the ministry's website, E happened to sit next to me and saw the site too, commenting, hey, that's really close to us, and there's a meeting tomorrow! He encouraged me to go check it out, with the added bonus that he would even make me breakfast that morning! Whoa, can't pass that up! So I packed G up into the car (yes, it was close, but we still drove, maybe later I'll consider walking), and we met my friend there. We went to different classes, as her child is older than G. The class I went to was more like a "Mommy & Me" class, teaching songs and baby signs, different themes each week. I think G is a little young for it right now, we won a little prize for G being the youngest child there (she's 5.5 weeks, and I still haven't even had my post-partum check-up). Anyways, most of the other babies in my class (for new moms) were like 4-11 months. We'll see if I keep going.

The funny thing about the outing was how everyone kept commenting on how good I looked for G being so young and also how alert G was, making her seem older than she was. I get the G being alert and therefore seemingly older, I guess most babies sleep, which G does a lot of at home, but she definitely is interested in looking around when she's awake, especially when in a new place or w/ new people. The finny comments were about how I looked (remember, these were people who didn't know me and had never seen me before). I asked my friend about it later, what was I supposed to look like? Tired & haggard, like I haven't slept or showered in days? If I was that tired, I just wouldn't go out and would stay at home. However, the hygeine part may be semi-accurate, but I won't give out any details. All I'll say is that I did in fact brush my teeth today, thank you very much.

Now for a tiny nap for me before G wakes up...

No comments: