Sometimes, I look down at G in my arms and I'm still amazed. Who is this little person? How did she come to be OUR daughter? Is she really ours? It's sort of mind-blowing, but I think it's not in an easily explainable way how strange the feeling is.
Even now, one of the things I love about breastfeeding G is just having that close time, where I can just look down at her (ok, I'm not always just lookind down at her doing nothing else, sometimes, I'm on the computer reading emails or surfing the internet, or watching TV) and be amazed by her.
The thing I love most about being a mom is knowing that I'm her number one comfort. With so many of my other friends having kids, I'm around them a lot, and when they are upset or hurt, I will always try to console their crying, but it only goes so far, at some point they just want their mommy. And now, I'm that person. I'm the one that G will look to, that can make her crying stop (eventually) and soothe her. And that's an awesome feeling. (Down the road, I'm sure I'll want other people to be that for her too, or to share the load, but for now I'm more than ok with it.)
And yes, there are lots of times where it still seems so surreal. But then she give us a face like this and your heart just melts!
But I'm definitely no supermom!


No comments:
Post a Comment