Friday, November 27, 2009

Reunions

Thanksgiving is a time of reunions and family, and that has been equally true for G and I; but personally for me this has been extra special -- I am riding the Caltrain as I am typing this, returning from the 20th Reunion of my San Fran elementary school. That's how long i haven't seen them. These guys remember so much - my Chinese name, all of our teachers, and even the ones whom had only been there for a year together remember me. They say I look the same. Most of them are recognizable as well. To say that they are strangers since I haven't seen them in 20 years would be a mistake. Nothing could be farther from the truth, it was like family. They remember my parents first names, playdates, etc etc. I met my math teacher and my English teacher who brought Apple IIs into our classrooms and defended our playing the game of pong against parents. That same teacher is probably partially responsible for the fact that I am a software developer today.

It's funny that I'm the only one in high tech. A lot are in finance; two live in Hong Kong now; one is a tattoo artist and another a Hollywood director. Anyways I'm very thankful to the Wo's for babysitting tonight.

Thanksgiving was a day full of yummy food thanks to the generosity of my sister-in-law's family. That was a reunion in many ways too since I've barely seen them since our wedding and I haven't spent any time with my brother lately. G was the star, they kept saying how well behaved she is and how cute. She would climb into her chair by herself and start eating food on her own G managed to sleep 3.5 hours in her tent - which amazed me as she really only sleeps well in her crib these days. She got comfortable after a while:




She also had fun playing with rocks in the backyard:


Today my cousin and her daughter A came over to play with G. They love her and even follow this blog! Sorry I don't have any photos but it was a fun time for everyone.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: