BTW, G loves pizza. She ate two slices of my personal pizza. She especially likes mushrooms and the crust. I tried to get her to eat the peperroni as well but she didn't really take to them. Olives she's fine with. It was really good for me to see her eating well; one of my nightmare scenarios of single parenting really just involves struggling to feed her and getting in power battles all the time. That would be extremely draining.
She also loves oranges. These are more like tiny mandarins, which friends had brought for me. I think it's great timing too since over the weekend she seemed slightly constipated, Sat no poo, Sunday only a tiny bit, but I think the fiber helped.
G is getting into doors. She said "pee pee" today, and I took her to the bathroom, but all she wanted was to play hide-and-seek with the bathroom door. I thought she was just faking it to play hide-and-seek, but minutes later she repeated 'pee pee' and then 'poo poo' and started for the bathroom, this time for real. With some patience, out came an adult-sized piece, still a little dry but getting better.
I would say despite the power outage and lockout and everything that the first 24 hours of true single parenting have been going well.
G is waking up from her nap, so it's time to go.
-Evan


1 comment:
This posting is very true to the blog's title. LOL you could've called us for help :-)
Post a Comment