In the morning I started hearing "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" uh-oh, she knows now I thought. Turned out to be her normal cry for attention. As usual she had thrown everything out of her crib during the night, and I was too tired last night to pick it back up. It's Sunday morning and I went in to get her up. I put a long sleeve with snow pattern blue (can see it in the first photo, where G is feeding grandma a cheerio), warm brown pants, and tied her hair into two ponytails with blue hair thingies. I fed her yogurt - breakfast is the easiest meal of the day.
At church I dropped her off at Nursery without a cry. In fact she didn't even look back! This pix is actually from Saturday when we were at church for Operation Christmas Child.
We went home for lunch to have leftovers. I must say it's such a blessing to have grandma here. She fed her noodles for lunch and has really taken care of the hardest thing - feeding her. And much more. Grandma is doing all the driving since I can't drive.
G was tired and we had to wake her from her nap to drive over to tai-gong and tai-pos house. She was very shy, refused to let them hold her (even in exhange for a cracker) and kept hugging my leg.
G kept wanting to "mo mo" (feel) their dog and said "kai" - wanting me to open the door, but whenever I did she would get scared!
Overall G seems well adjusted and herself mostly. I think Mommy is the one who has it hard for these first 24 hrs, sitting in a cramped plane seat for 13/18 hrs, then arriving in 90deg humidity.






No comments:
Post a Comment