G has entered her 4th Quarter.
At her peds appointment yesterday afternoon, she weighed in at 14 lbs, and measured 26 inches. I think the length might be a bit short, b/c G didn't want to stay laying down for the nurse to mark the paper. Anyways, she is in the half percentile for weight, and 9th percentile for height. She has gained some weight since her visit before our vacation. The doctor is not concerned yet, but wants us to continue trying to boost her solids intake and see how things are at her next (12 month) appointment, where hopefully she will be back on the growth chart. She didn't have any shots, but had a blood draw to check iron levels, results came back fine. I guess this is particularly an issue for breastfed infants, as formula is iron-fortified. G has been eating a lot of spinach b/c it helps with her constipation.
G is still constipated, but doing better. I'm upping her prune intake and have been laying off the grains. We have recently added proteins to her diet (yogurt, egg yolk, tofu) as well.
She's still a good sleeper, but no longer doing the 12+ hours at night. These days it's 9-11 hours, which is still good, but we miss the 12+ hour nights/mornings. Luckily, when she first wakes up, all she does is nurse and then goes back to bed for a few hours. G is still taking 2 naps during the day as well (not including the early morning one).
One of the things the doctor asked us was whether G could do the "pincher grasp" which means picking something up with your index finger and your thumb (a fine motor skill). I didn't think so because I've never really seen her do that, though most of her toys are bigger and she's not doing finger foods yet. When we got home, I decided to try it out and showed her a button (that fell off her pants and has been sitting in my bathroom for a while). She looked at it and promptly stretched out her hand and picked it up with her index finger and thumb. Quite impressive! I guess that means we need to start giving her little foods to pick up.
Another thing we discovered at the doctor's: G has a second tooth coming in, right next to the first one. So now she has 2 teeth coming in on the bottom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment