Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Standing

Yesterday G slept 14.5 hours overnight. Crazy, I know! How does she do it? Well, apparently she does it be eating her hair in the middle of the night. I've noticed hair in her diaper a few times and wondered about it but just thought that her loose hair somehow wiggled its way down into her diaper since it's often on her clothes. Then, after talking to another friend whose baby did the same thing, I figured out that she's eating it. That explains why I only see it in her poop. I know for a fact that G loves pulling on her hair. If I didn't hold her hand down while nursing, she would be pulling on it (the second I let go of her hand it springs up towards her head and grabs a little fistful and I have to pry her fingers open and say, "Don't pull your hair!"). It doesn't seem to hurt her. She also will pull my hair and E's hair if she's given the chance to. So, anyways, it doesn't seem to hurt her, so if she wants to eat her hair in the middle of the night, I can't really stop it. Funny baby!

I caught her sucking her thumb the other day when I peeked in on her sleeping, so cute!

So what's with the grabbing? G's hand dexterity has grown to open and close her fists in a pumping motion, grabbing and holding on to anything she can get her little hands on (and her hair seems like such an easy one because it's always available, it doesn't roll away after she lets go, has access even in her crib, etc.), and waving her fingers in a flicking motion (for spinning a toy on her jumper).

G's new favorite thing to do is standing. She has loved jumping and standing with us holding her. But just recently we figured out that she can actually support her own weight now. All we have to do now is hold her hands for balance. She loves it!

Coming soon... toe grabbing pics!

No comments: