Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Blessing of Good Sleep!

The other day, G woke up after we put her down for the night. She was crying and eventually she spit up, so I had to change her and the crib sheets (luckily it only got to the first two layers, she's got 6+ layers on her bed for just this type of situation), and also feed her again. Oh well. It was probably our fault because we changed her sleeping routine slightly.

Two nights ago, G woke up again about 30 minutes after we put her down. After a few minutes, I went into her room. At first, I just put my hand on her chest to comfort her, no good. Then, I sat her up, which stopped her crying, but when she laid back down started up again. Eventually, I picked her up, but stayed by her crib, in her room, in the dark. We talked about how it was night-time and how she was supposed to be sleeping in her crib by herself. After a few minutes, I put her back down in her crib, and she didn't cry. Yay! Then we said goodnight to her and walked out of the room, and she didn't cry. Yay! A few minutes later she was asleep, double yay! We're very proud of G's sleeping habits. She's a good sleeper, even if she's too distracted to sleep when we are out (I tried to put her in a friend's crib when we were out on a play date, she just kept looking around and not sleeping, oh well).

No comments: