Tuesday, July 15, 2008

20 weeks

It's official! G can laugh! Yesterday afternoon while we were taking a walk, I thought I heard G blow a raspberry, then I thought I heard her laugh. Later that night, E and I were playing with her on the couch, making funny noises and faces at her, and she laughed! We both heard it, it was so exciting, but of course, she refused to do it again, no matter what we did. Oh well.

She continues to love grabbing everything she can. I also think she's learning that when she's in her carseat, that means trip outside, something exciting for her to try as hard as she can to stay awake for.

The other day, G didn't want to nap, so I put her to work on her play mat (tummy-time). However, being the mean Mommy that I am, I blocked her right side so that she could work on rolling to her left. G struggled, complained, and finally laid down to take a finger-sucking break, and fell asleep. E and I debated what to do with her, leave her on her belly (a SIDS no-no, always put them on their backs to sleep), move her to the crib (risking that she might wake up), or put her in the carseat so we can go out. Anyways, it didn't matter, by the time we finished taking pictures of her, she woke up on her own.

Our latest project with G is to shift her night-time sleep. She has officially hit the 12 hour mark, but we are trying to get her to bed earlier, so she can wake up earlier, allowing S to get out of the house with her to run errands.

Here's G pausing from her workout to pose for a picture.
Oh, and we've figured out the spinning baby mystery. G spins both while she is sleeping and when she half wakes up. We spent several days often peeking in on her when she's sleeping in her crib. After hearing her make some noises, we peek in to see what position she is in. Sometimes we peek in without hearing her make any noises. In both cases, she has often changed positions. Sometimes she will be in an L-shape, with her legs bent. Our tricky baby also will be shifted when E checks in on her in the mornings before he goes to work, and by the time she wakes up, she'll be back in her original position (hoping Mommy and Daddy won't know about all the fun she has in her crib at night!).

No comments: