Thursday, June 12, 2008

Heat Wave Chills

It's nice to have a husband who can leave work in the middle of the day to come home to help take care of G and me when I'm not feeling well.

Over the weekend, I felt very weak and nauseous, and thought it was over because I felt much better by Monday. However, this morning, after E left for work and G woke up from her nap, while I was feeding her, I realized that I was shivering and had goosebumps on my arms, and my feet were frozen. I bundled us up on the papasan chair with a down blanket (only covering me, not G), and added long pants and a hoodie to what I was wearing. I figured nothing better to warm yourself up with than your own little 12-lb heater (G). Wasn't freezing anymore by the time we woke up from our 2 hr nap, but still very weak.

My women's group is supposed to be going down to Capitola this weekend for our prayer retreat to wrap up our bible study series, so I hope this isn't spiritual attacks. Two other women in the group have said that their kids have gotten sick this week as well.

By the way, we started studying Philippians when I was pregnant with G, her blessing prayer that we say to her every day (and prayed over her while she was in utero) is from the first chapter: And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ -- to the glory and praise of God. Yes, it's a tall order, but that is what we pray and hope for in G's future. We pray this blessing for her at the end of her bedtime routine every night.

No comments: