Getting back into a normal routine entails figuring out our ministry capacity between E & S. We've decided that we can commit to 3 nights a week between the two of us. Ministries that don't take up a night don't count (like E being on the Prayer Team). We are still discussing how this will work out. This month I was only on the Worship Team two weeks, just to see how we can manage it. This week will be the second week, the first one went well, we managed to get to church on time despite G letting us sleep in and only having half an hour to get all of us ready. I fed her once the first worship set finished up, and handed her over to E for the second set, where she fell asleep in his arms. This week might be more tricky, as E will have prayer helper duty at the end of service too. I guess he'll have to do it with G.
It also means that I have to figure out how to do all the normal household things I used to do. I've been able to keep the floors clean by swiffering everything to a central place, then I vaccuum the pile and swiffer (we're actually using the Method brand of swiffer sheets because they are more enviro-friendly, made of corn, though some may argue that making it out of corn takes away from the food supply...) Anyways, so I'll also have to figure out grocery shopping (went to Costco w/ G earlier this week, was too tired afterwards to go anywhere else), cooking (we got our last Meals for Moms this week, so sad, so grateful for this awesome ministry from our church), laundry (E had been doing it up to this point because our washer is in the garage and it had been really gross w/ boxes and construction stuff and piles of dusty furniture pads.
I put together her crib yesterday and have been washing the bedding stuff for it. I tied on the crib bumpers last night, so cute! I'll post a pic later.
The reason why I have no time? G is definitely in her growth spurt. She used to average 6-7 feedings per day. Recently, she's averaging 7-9 feedings, with three day of hitting the 9-feeding mark.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment