We moved in today. After unloading our cars, we tried to settle in a little, though we didn't have that much at the time to unpack. A few hours later, we decided to go out, so we went to check out the local grocery store, which I'm happy to say is mostly organic, but I'm sad to say is pricey. While I walked around the isles checking out what they have, Mr. Calamari, of course, had found a local magazine and was reading the restaurant/dining section. There was a review for a restaurant close by that serves fancy comfort food, lobster mac & cheese w/ truffle oil, crab stuffed tater tots, I was sold. After taking the groceries back to the apt, we headed down to CIRCA, which was surprisingly close, just two blocks away. The inside looked fancy, dark w/ dangling strings of shiny crystal. I wondered if this look only worked for dark restaurants or if we could do this in our home. The menu is tapas style small plates, which works well for trying more things. We ordered the crab tater tots & lobster mac & cheese (of course) and also added a spinach salad, fancy french fries, and sliders. The crab tater tots were amazing, as was the mac & cheese (I've tried to replicate it w/ scallops & truffle oil, and just w/ truffle oil, but somehow, it doesn't taste as good). I don't remember what we had for dessert, Mr. Calamari might, but I'm guessing it was also really yummy. We are anxious to come back here to try more stuff from the menu, and are excited about how close by it is.
Saturday, April 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment